[Fwd: Fw: Muslim Community response to Burn a Qur'an day]

  • Jacque Betz
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2010
    • 9 KB
    Subject: Fw: Muslim Community response to Burn a Qur'an day
    From: "ROBERT TOMASHEVSKY" <boco4e@...>
    Date: Sat, August 14, 2010 9:24 pm
    To: jacque@...

    ----- Forwarded Message ----
    From: ROBERT TOMASHEVSKY <boco4e@...>
    To: Scott Camil <s.camil@...>
    Cc: Alan Geering <aggeering@...>; Chandu Dave <chandu230@...>;
    Connie
    Tomashevsky <tilo4e@...>; Ku <kuoyuw@...>; sds
    gainesville
    <Gvillesds@...>; sue singerhoff <ladyrex50@...>
    Sent: Sat, August 14, 2010 9:19:09 PM
    Subject: Re: Muslim Community response to Burn a Qur'an day

    Scott,
               As you have seen in my earlier comments on Facebook, basically I
    agree with the Muslim community except I'd include the dove's right to free
    speech and the inherent right to be as stupid and ignorant as they desire, as
    long as no one is being harmed physically. Destroying symbols is inherently
    superior to physical harm. Direct attention is all they crave, or as Dylan
    once
    wrote: "20 lbs. of headlines stapled to their chest".  Hopefully you all
    won't
    add anything to their dismal display by your presence.
    Peace, Bob.

    From: Kimberly Hunter <kimberlylhunter@...>
    Date: August 14, 2010 3:28:56 PM EDT
    To: Scott Camil <s.camil@...>
    Subject: Fwd: Muslim Community response to Burn a Qur'an day

    Dear Scott,
    Here is the e-mail request from local Muslim leaders which has been
    circulating
    in regards to the upcoming events scheduled by the Dove cult for September
    11: