Health care event in Gainesville THURSDAY AUGUST 20 6 PM

  • Jacqueline Betz
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2009
      Howdy Pinks and Friends of CodePinks,
        TOMORROW, Thursday, 6 PM, Books, Inc., letter writing party regarding heath care.  See you there!!!
      Jacque Betz

      On Thursday, MoveOn members are gathering in Gainesville to show Sen. Nelson that constituents are counting on him to support real health care reform. Can you make it?

      Click here for more details and to RSVP

      Dear MoveOn member,

      Your local MoveOn Council is organizing an important event tomorrow in Gainesville—can you be there?

      We're taking action at events like these because this is a make-or-break moment—right-wing extremists are crashing political events around the country and trying to dominate the public debate over President Obama's agenda.

      We can't let that happen in Gainesville. Local MoveOn members are making sure Sen. Bill Nelson knows that we're counting on him to support health care reform with a real public health insurance option that will help expand coverage and bring down costs for all of us.

      The event is on Thursday, Aug. 20, 2009, at 6:00 PM in Gainesville. Click here for more details and to RSVP:

      Yes, I'll be there on Thursday at 6 p.m.

      Sorry, I can't make it.

      Location: Books Inc. NW 13 Street & 5th Avenue

      Here's the description provided by the event host:

      Hello MoveOn members! Come on down to Books Inc, where Gainesville-area MoveOn members will begin our letter writing campaign to Senator Bill Nelson and Representative Allen Boyd. Both have yet to announce their support for a public option, largely because they have not heard from their constituents who do support it. At this event, we will ask you to write a personal letter to both representatives and letters to the editor from a template we will provide. It's going to be a lot of fun and we look forward to having you.

      We will be meeting at Books Inc. You can Google the location quite easily if you need directions. Please ask for Reverend Donna or Karen from MoveOn when you enter the store. All you need to bring is yourself! We will provide everything else.

      Sen. Nelson needs to hear from his local constituents. Right-wingers are doing everything they can to hijack the debate—they're even using fraudulent tactics, like bringing people who don't live in the district to town halls.1 That's why we're organizing "Real Voices for Change"—an ambitious campaign to show that the overwhelming majority of Americans continue to support Obama's plans for change.

      We have numbers on our side, but Sen. Nelson won't know it unless we all show up. Coming to this event is a timely and easy way to make sure thoughtful constituents are heard in the public debate over health care. Can you join us on Thursday at 6 p.m.?

      Yes, I'll be there: http://pol.moveon.org/event/events/event.html?event_id=96325&id=16887-9269179-sR.jZMx&t=5

      Sorry, I can't make it: http://www.moveon.org/r?r=51683&id=16887-9269179-sR.jZMx&t=6

      Thanks for all you do.

      –Nita, Anna, Ilya, Matt, and the rest of the team.

      Source:

      1. "Local Fox Reporter Attends Town Hall And Finds 'Some Attendees Admit They Don't Live In The District.'" Think Progress, August 4, 2009.
      http://www.moveon.org/r?r=51716&id=16887-9269179-sR.jZMx&t=7

      Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 5 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.

      PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to Jacqueline Betz on August 19, 2009. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.