The Backbone Campaign props are awesome. If you are interested in helping make this action happen here in Gainesville sometime between March 18-21, please let me or the UF CodePINK Chapter women know. You can also contact Bill Moyer. We will need YOUR HELP!
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill Moyer <bill@...>
Date: Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 4:56 PM
Subject: TIME CHANGE: Gainesville Procession for the Future planning call THURSDAY and 7:30 PM
To: Bill Moyer <bill@...
We are changing tonight's call to 7:30 PM. Talk to you then!
Bill Moyer wrote:
Hey Gainesville Progressives,
Sorry if this is the first word you are getting about this, but we are getting the planning rolling for the Procession for the Future stop to Gainesville March 18-21.
Producing a parade and activist festival and trainings will be fun, a great way to recruit new members and expand your tactical toolkit. We need every hand to pitch in on this, and we promise a GREAT TIME. (Video of Portland Procession HERE.)
It won't be much work if everyone takes a small piece. The Backbone Campaign has already done the lion's share by creating an unparalleled spectacle of imagery representing change we truly can believe in. RAN, Backbone Activists and others will provide trainings. Activist Luis Cuevas (cc:d), a tireless activist committed to movement building for social justice and peace is our point person in Gainesville.
Please join us Thursday at 7:30 PM (Eastern) on the phone to make plans for our March 18-21 visit. (If you cannot attend the conference call but want to get involved call me at 206-356-9980 or email bill@....)
Here's the call in info:
The conference number to call is: 1-(218) 339-4300
The access code is: 1037729#
Please join the call or email with what you or your organization can do.
- Who will reach out to representatives from various movements/organizations to table at the festival and participate in the Procession and trainings?
- Who is interested in organizing a panel discussion on the importance of social movements for creating positive change?
- Who will help organize parade volunteers, peace-keepers, and work on the permit and route?
- Who will host the Backbone Crew (4 people) during their stay?
- Who will put together parade musicians for the Procession and performers for the post Procession rally?
- Who will help us connect with an alternative elementary school for an artist in residence to build masks with kids and get families involved?
- Who will host a party at the end to celebrate the collaboration and maybe even raise some bio-diesel money for the Procession truck?