- Hi CodePINKs, Below is a message from Anna Guest-Jelley with information on upcoming Gainesville Area NOW events. Contact her if you are interested inMessage 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2008View SourceHi CodePINKs,Below is a message from Anna Guest-Jelley with information on upcoming Gainesville Area NOW events. Contact her if you are interested in joining any of their events.JacqueDate: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 06:32:32 -0500
Subject: Gainesville Area NOW: Universal Health Care House Party This Thursday
1. Thurs., Nov 20—Universal Health Care House Party. 6:30pm at 215 NE 6th St Apt. C. DINNER and CHILDCARE provided
2. Fri, Dec. 5—First Feminist Friday Happy Hour at Steak and Pasta Works (3720 NW 13th St) at 7:00pm.
3. Sat, Dec. 13—Stuff a Feminist Stocking Holiday Potluck, 6:30pm, 6825 NW 43rd Place.
4. Feminist Book Club Survey
Please forward this email to any interested individuals or groups!
1. Universal Health Care House Party
The Presidential campaigns and election have brought much talk about change for our health care system. Join Gainesville Area NOW to learn more about national health care and what you can do to get involved in fighting for it. This meeting will be women-only since we are doing a CR; we will be answering the following Consciousness Raising (CR) questions at the meeting:
1.When and how have you had health insurance (i.e.: through your job, a spouse's job, Medicare/Medicaid, or a parent?) Does the way you receive health insurance affect your life? In what ways?
2. What are or have been your reservations and worries about the idea of national health insurance? If you no longer have reservations, what caused you to change your mind?
When: Thursday, Nov 20, 6:30pm
Where: 215 NE 6th St. Apt. C. If coming from University Avenue and 13th St, head east on University Avenue one (1) mile until you reach the Melting Pot and Downtown Library. Turn Left onto NE Boulevard, then turn right onto NE 2nd Avenue, then turn left onto NE 6th Street. The house is two-story, white, and and has a porch swing (right side of the street). Look for NOW signs. Parking is on the street/surrounding areas. The apartment is upstairs, accessed by a stairwell at the back of the house. If you will need assistance climbing the stairs, please call Claudia at (352) 235-4088.
DINNER & CHILDCARE provided
Call Anna for more information: (352) 213-1060 or email info@...
2. First Feminist Friday
Join us this month on Fri, Dec. 5, at Steak & Pasta Works (3720 NW 13th St) at 7:00pm for our monthly happy hour! Everyone is welcome, and no reservation is required! Feel free to drop by and stay for as long as you are able. We'd love to see you even if it's just for a few minutes.
3. Holiday Potluck
Our December general meeting is being replaced by our annual Stuff a Feminist Stocking Holiday Potluck! The potluck will be held on Sat, Dec. 13, at 6825 NW 43rd Pl at 6:30pm. Please bring your favorite dish to share. Come stuff our feminist stocking to help us keep up the work for another great year!
Directions: From NW 39th Ave, turn north into Emerald Woods on NW 69 St. Take third right onto NW 43 place. Second house on right. Tan house, red door.
Email info@... for more information.****************
4. Feminist Book Club Survey
Do you love reading? Would you like to learn more about feminist history or issues? Would you like to get together with friends and talk about feminism and books? Gainesville Area NOW is planning a Feminist Book Discussion Group. We've heard from so many enthusiastic members and friends urging us to do this. We'd love to have you join us! Please click on the link below to take a brief survey about the booklcub and how you'd like to see it set up. We're planning to have the first meeting in January, after reading all of your survey responses. Thank you for your help.
You are receiving this email because you signed up for the Gainesville Area NOW listserv. To opt in or out, send an email to info@.... For more information about Gainesville Area NOW, please visit our website at www.gainesvillenow.org
See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life Click here