Vigil for Cindy Sheehan Wed Aug 17 7:30 pm

  • Jacqueline Betz
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2005
      Hi,
        Across the country vigils are being held this Wednesday at 7:30 pm.  for Cindy.  In Gainesville, we will meet up at 13th and University in support of Cindy Sheehan, the mother of Casey, who was killed in Iraq.  Cindy has been in the news lately because she is camped on the road near Bush' Crawford Texas ranch, wants to talk with Bush.  Military Families Against the Iraq War, True Majority, MoveOn, Democracy for America and CodePINK Women for Peace are organizers of these vigils around the country.  Call the press if you have time and tell them to show up.    If you can bring a candle that would be nice.  You can get more info at www.moveon.org; maybe you've already gotten an email from Moveon or Monica Mulhern about this; sorry for any repeats but I will be there and hope you will, too.   You can call me at 468-2101 or email me as I am finally back on line, if you have any questions.
       Peace and Love,
      Jackie
      "Violence is, was, always will be, bankrupt, anti-human, criminal--always! --Phil Berrigan
    • Jacqueline Betz