Re: TBY-7 with the Vibrator Power Unit on eBay

  • military.radioman
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
      The TBY-7 with the vibrator power supply sold for $333.00 with 8 bidders.

      --- In code_talker_radio@yahoogroups.com, "military.radioman" <samhevener@...> wrote:

      > A TBY-7 with the 4 volt original power supply was just posted on eBay. The 4 volt wetcell battery is not included in the auction. The opening price is $195.00. Condition looks good. 330647310670

    • Roger Basford
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2011
        I have to ask, is the wet cell a really rare item? I do have one here but the innards are dried-up and look like they have been that way for many years. It might be possible to re-cell the container with modern sealed lead-acid types but getting the container open without seriously damaging it might be impossible.

        73

        Roger/G3VKM
        MODERATOR NOTE: I wouldn't call the 4 volt wet cell a rare item but is a scarce item today. The really rare TBY item is the original drycell battery. I have only heard of one being found. Pictures of that drycell are in our photos section. I seem to recall that drycell along with a TBY-8 sold for about $600.00 in 2009. Good luck on re-celling the original 4 volt battery box. It shouldn't be too hard to re-cell the 4 volt battery metal box with modern cells. If you want to cut into the original wetcell plastic case the job will require a lot of time and luck.