Hi sanusihashimgumel, We're glad that you have an interest in code-switching and would like to do a thesis on it. If you are struggling to find a topic, itzekk3ishoku
Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S™ III, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S™ III, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphonesanusihashimgumel
Hello, this is a monthly reminder from The Code-Switching Forum. 1) If you are a newcomer to the list, Welcome! We would appreciate an introduction about email@example.com
discussion of alternation of linguistic varieties
(commonly called "code-switching"), bilingual
conversation and related phenomena. Topics
of interest include (but are not restricted to):
- the definition of "code" itself,
- the definition and characterization of
- "code" and linguistic variety; "code-switching"
and language alternation,
- the relations between language alternation and
other interlingual phenomena,
- bilingual conversation in general,
- new trends in the study of language alternation,
- codes, varieties and contextualization,
- codes, indexicality and identity,
- language alternation and conversational organization,
- language alternation in literature and song,
- code-switching and macro-sociolinguistic processes,
- data gathering, transcription and interpretation,
- universality and particularities of language alternation.
The Code-Switching Forum welcomes discussion,
queries, information, and materials. Materials
and documents can be uploaded to The Code-Switching
Forum, at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/code-switching/files/.
The Files folder has a 20MB capacity. Please use HTML
or PDF formats when possible.
The Code-Switching Forum has no official or
preferred language for messages.
Upon subscription, please introduce yourself to the list.
The Forum managers,
code-switching-owner @ yahoogroups.com
- Linguistics and Human Languages
- Mar 2, 2000
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.