File - Reminder

  • code-switching@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 165 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hello, this is a monthly reminder from The Code-Switching Forum.

      1) If you are a newcomer to the list, Welcome! We would
      appreciate an introduction about your work and/or interests.

      2) Replies to messages are distributed directly to the whole
      list.

      3) You have may select one of these three subscription options
      in The Code-Switching Forum web page,
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/code-switching :
      -One e-mail per message sent to the list (E-mail)
      -One daily e-mail with all messages sent that day (Digest)
      -Read the messages on the web only (No Email)

      4) Yahoogroups is a commercial site. Adds are attached to
      messages.

      5) Please use only plain text in your messages, not HTML. Many
      people use text-only mail readers.

      6) Attachments are not allowed for safety reasons. If you wish
      to send a file to the entire list, you may upload it to the
      Files section and then inform the list. We have 20MB of storage
      space for files. There is also have a Links section.

      7) The list is unmoderated. Only the first message by new
      members or from unknown addresses is moderated, in order to
      detect inappropriate messages. The role of the list managers is
      merely technical.

      8) Please feel free to invite anyone to join the group. From the
      Promote section in the web page, you can copy HTML code about
      the group which you can then place in your web page.

      9) Distribution lists are not perfect. Messages may be lost
      occasionally. It is a good idea to review past exchanges
      periodically in the Forum web page.

      10) The Forum has no official or preferred language for
      messages.

      11) A Code-Switching Bibliography Database is accessible at
      http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/codeswitching/ . The Database
      arose from contributions by list members.

      11) Useful addresses:
      -to send a message: code-switching@yahoogroups.com
      -for technical questions: code-switching-owner@yahoogroups.com

      The Forum Managers,

[...]