Re: [code-switching] Re: corpus for written code-switching

  • karina atencio
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 2002
      Thanks Laura for the information. I know the magazine Latina, I have some issues. Last year I tried to analyse Latinos' social Identity using this magazine as a corpus. Which issues do you have?.
      thanks again
      karina
      Linda Ohlson <ezmorelda1@...> wrote:Hello Karina
      You can start with checking out the bibliography in this article:

      "The Matrix Language Frame model and Spanish/English codeswitching in
      fiction, Language & Communication", Volume 22, Issue 1, January 2002,
      Pages 1-16
      Laura Callahan

      You can find the article on the web.
      There is a long list of novels and short-stories written with
      Spanish/English code-switching in the bibliogrpahy.

      Then I know of a magazine called Latina made in the USA which has
      quite a lot of code-switching as well. I don't know if you can find
      anything on the net, I bought two issues when I was in Miami this
      summer. If you can't find anything I guess I could send you a
      photocopy of them.

      I hope this will help you

      Linda (Sweden)

      In code-switching@y..., karina atencio <atenciok@y...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >

      > I am in France, I am a student on DEA Science du Langage. I am
      just starting a research project on written code-switching and I am
      collecting my written corpus. I specifically want to analyse the code-
      switching in the Latino community settled in the USA. Thus I am
      looking for Latinos narrative litterature, Latino bilingual magazine,
      newspapers, cartoons or Latinos web pages where it is possible to
      observe code-switching between English and Spanish. I would
      appreciate any help you can give me with my written corpus.

      > Karina

    • Linda Ohlson
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
        hi again

        I have this year's August and September issues of Latina.

        Best,
        Linda (not Laura)

        --- In code-switching@y..., karina atencio <atenciok@y...> wrote:

        > Thanks Laura for the information. I know the magazine Latina, I
        have some issues. Last year I tried to analyse Latinos' social
        Identity using this magazine as a corpus. Which issues do you have?.
        > thanks again
        > karina
        > Linda Ohlson <ezmorelda1@y...> wrote:Hello Karina
        > You can start with checking out the bibliography in this article:
        >
        > "The Matrix Language Frame model and Spanish/English codeswitching
        in
        > fiction, Language & Communication", Volume 22, Issue 1, January
        2002,
        > Pages 1-16
        > Laura Callahan
        >
        > You can find the article on the web.
        > There is a long list of novels and short-stories written with
        > Spanish/English code-switching in the bibliogrpahy.
        >
        > Then I know of a magazine called Latina made in the USA which has
        > quite a lot of code-switching as well. I don't know if you can find
        > anything on the net, I bought two issues when I was in Miami this
        > summer. If you can't find anything I guess I could send you a
        > photocopy of them.
        >
        > I hope this will help you
        >
        > Linda (Sweden)
        >
        > In code-switching@y..., karina atencio <atenciok@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi
        > >

        > > I am in France, I am a student on DEA Science du Langage. I am
        > just starting a research project on written code-switching and I
        am
        > collecting my written corpus. I specifically want to analyse the
        code-
        > switching in the Latino community settled in the USA. Thus I am
        > looking for Latinos narrative litterature, Latino bilingual
        magazine,
        > newspapers, cartoons or Latinos web pages where it is possible to
        > observe code-switching between English and Spanish. I would
        > appreciate any help you can give me with my written corpus.
        > >

        > > Karina

        Service.

      • neeraja raghupathi
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
          Greetings!!!!
          I am a PG student from India. I am currently undergoing research on Bi/multilingualism ans stuttering and Code-switching and stuttering.
          I will be very grteful to you if you could offer any help on this topic.
          Thank you,
          Wishes,
          Neeraja
          Neeraja