Virus Warning

  • Carsten Otto
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2002
      Dear members

      I recently got that mail from

      ericsonshine@...

      about a virus-warning and re-posted it to the list.

      I don't know anything about viruses at all as I am using a mac. ... :)
      or working on a quite well protected network-machine.
      Could anyone check this virus warning, pls?! It seems to me as a fake
      and/or spam-searching-for-addresses-mail. If so, I am sorry for this.
      Delete it and have a nice weekend.

      Cheers

      Carsten Otto
    • Catherine Fleck
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2002
        Dear members:

        I also got this email and investigated the issue through google.com, which
        brought up several pages stating that this message is a hoax. I've
        included below one of the addresses claiming this, for your investigation.
        Unfortunately, I had already followed the instructions in the message
        warning of the virus, and deleted that file from my computer before I
        discovered that it is apparently a hoax. However, the address below also
        contains instructions for how to remedy this.

        Here is the address:

        http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

        Cathy Fleck