Re: thesis about code-switching
- In my experience the main "triggers" are
1. Original language of reported discourse "me dijo que "I am sick of
2. Cultural "markers to show identity to a certain group (in the
Mexican-American context this is usually the ocassional "ándale"
thrown in to purely English discourse.
3. Humorous references, literal translations for comic effect.
4. Words with no easy equivalent: "a bunch of something" which in
Spanish can have many translations
...That is all I can think of but I would be eager to see your work
--- In code-switching@y..., "hangmanspage22" <hangmanspage22@y...>
> i am a senior stud of De La Salle University in the Philippines.ipeople
> would like to ask some theories that is related to code-switching,
> specifically those that can answer to the factors that trigger
> to code-switch. thanks!