- Dear listeros,
as you probably may have noticed the "monthly reminder" has suddenly
disappeared. I just created a new reminder which is being sent
once a month) to the whole list.
Apart from that I hope to get a little more life back to the list.
One of your moderators
************************ Monthly reminder *************************
Hello, this is a monthly reminder from The Code-Switching Forum.
1) If you are a newcomer to the list, Welcome! We would
appreciate an introduction about your work and/or interests.
2) Replies to messages are distributed directly to the whole
3) You have may select one of these three subscription options
in The Code-Switching Forum web page,
-One e-mail per message sent to the list (E-mail)
-One daily e-mail with all messages sent that day (Digest)
-Read the messages on the web only (No Email)
4) Yahoogroups is a commercial site. Adds are attached to
5) Please use only plain text in your messages, not HTML. Many
people use text-only mail readers.
6) Attachments are not allowed for safety reasons. If you wish
to send a file to the entire list, you may upload it to the
Files section and then inform the list. We have 20MB of storage
space for files. There is also have a Links section.
7) The list is unmoderated. Only the first message by new
members or from unknown addresses is moderated, in order to
detect inappropriate messages. The role of the list managers is
8) Please feel free to invite anyone to join the group. From the
Promote section in the web page, you can copy HTML code about
the group which you can then place in your web page.
9) Distribution lists are not perfect. Messages may be lost
occasionally. It is a good idea to review past exchanges
periodically in the Forum web page.
10) The Forum has no official or preferred language for
11) A Code-Switching Bibliography Database is accessible at
http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/codeswitching/ . The Database
arose from contributions by list members.
11) Useful addresses:
-to send a message: email@example.com
-for technical questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
-to unsubscribe: email@example.com
The Forum Managers,
- Submissions related to all areas of study on code-switching are welcomed at
this conference. Please consider submitting an abstract!
Submit now!! AAAL 2003 deadline is August 26!
Call for Papers: AAAL 2003
The annual conference of the American Association for Applied Linguistics
(AAAL) will be held March 22-25, 2003 at the Sheraton National Hotel in
Arlington, VA, across the Potomac River from Washington, DC. Proposals
for presentations related to policy, research, and theory are invited in
any area of applied linguistics. Proposals may be for individual papers,
poster sessions, or colloquia. The abstract submission and refereeing
process will be paperless this year. Instructions regarding abstract
preparation and online submission and other aspects of the conference may
be found on the organization's website:
Proposals may be submitted online until the deadline of August 26, 2002.
Please join us in Arlington for AAAL 2003!
Richard Schmidt Director
MA Program in ESL National Foreign Language
PhD Program in SLA Resource Center
The University of Hawaii Languages, Linguistics & Literature
808-956-2784 Fax: 808-956-5983
Fax: 808-956-2802 www.nflrc.hawaii.edu
Department of French
325 S. Burrowes Building
Penn State University
University Park, PA 16802