Introducing myself

  • KATEVG@AKAD.SUN.AC.ZA
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2002
      Hi there,

      I've been lurking for a while and thought it was about time I
      introduced myself.

      I am a newly appointed lecturer at Stellenbosch University, South
      Africa, where I've just finished my MA in General Linguistics in
      which I focused on code switching, more especially on the
      grammatical constraints governing code switching.

      I have just begun to lecture my first course - on code switching -
      and I have also just finished my research proposal which states
      that I plan to write an article on the minimalist approach to the
      constraints on code switching. If anyone has any input for me I
      would really appreciate it. I've been working mainly from MacSwan
      (1999) but if there are other sources to look at I would really
      appreciate a heads up.

      In the meantime I look forward to reading, and participating in, the
      discussions and debates that go on here.

      Thanks,
      Kate van Gass
      Department of General Linguistics
      University of Stellenbosch
    • amr
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 20, 2005
        Hi everyone my name is Amr . I am an Egyptian schoolar of
        linguistics , and i am doing a research on Code-switching from
        Arabic into English . I would like to know if there is anyone doing
        similar research , so that we can exchange ideas and discover new
        ones in the same time .
      • 庆涛 孟
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 21, 2005
          Hi, my name is Qingtao. i'm doing a dissertation on the effect of code-switching on L2 vocabulary acquisition in the classroom setting. i'd appreciate your comment on the following:

          1. difference between code-switching and teaching in L1
          2. any empirical study on code-switching in the classroom setting.

          Cheers

          amr <amro_kiwan@...> wrote:

          Hi everyone my name is Amr . I am an Egyptian schoolar of
          linguistics , and i am doing a research on Code-switching from
          Arabic into English . I would like to know if there is anyone doing
          similar research , so that we can exchange ideas and discover new
          ones in the same time .

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT