bilingual Somali-English research assistant

  • Petek Kurtboke
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2001
      "Jo Arthur" <arthurj@...>

      To : <baalmail@...>,
      Subject : bilingual Somali-English research assistant

      Date :
      Tue, 09 Oct 2001 14:40:13 +0100

      Dear colleagues
      As part of a project based in Liverpool I have a series of audiotapes
      of
      classroom interaction in Somali and English. I am seeking a
      research assistant
      for the task of transcription, which requires a high level of Somali
      and
      English language and literacy skills. There are just over 100 hours
      of work and
      the rate of pay is £11.70 per hour. Please contact me if you know of
      anyone who
      might be able to undertake all or part of this work. They could be
      anywhere in
      the country, really - I can travel to negotiate the work and to
      organise
      equipment.
      Please feel free to forward my message to any colleagues who might
      have
      contacts, eg among postgrad students. I'll be happy to hear from
      anyone
      interested and qualified.
      thanks - Jo Arthur