Code-Switching among children of BiLingual Families

  • Chris Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2001
      Hello list,

      Pardon the intrusion, but I have a few queries which
      you might be able to help me with. I will try to be
      brief.

      I am a shall we say Anthropologically literate
      lay-person in that I have a B.A. in Anthropology, but
      do not work in Academia, but the world of
      Telecommunications. My interest in CS is both
      personal and professional as I both work and live in
      bilingual environments. As a parent of a nascent
      bilinglual speaker (English/Italian) I interested in
      texts relavent to the phenomenon of code-switching in
      very young bilignual speakers as their conversational
      skills develop, specifically concerning the point of
      comprehension or awareness of the differences and
      seperateness in the two languages.
      Secondly I am interested in texts focusing on the the
      dynamics of Code-switching in the bilingual workplace.

      Regards,
      Chris Thompson

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/