Reminder - MONTHLY REMINDER

  • code-switching@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 58 , Feb 3, 2001

      MONTHLY REMINDER

      Date: Monday, February 5, 2001
      Time: All Day

      Hello, this is a monthly reminder from The Code-Switching Forum.

      1) If you are a newcomer to the list, Welcome! We would
      appreciate an introduction about your work and/or interests.

      2) Replies to messages are distributed directly to the whole
      list.

      3) You have three subscription options, which you can choose
      among in The Code-Switching Forum web page,
      http://www.egroups.com :
      -One e-mail per message sent to the list (E-mail)
      -One daily e-mail with all messages sent that day (Digest)
      -Read the messages on the web only (Web)

      4) eGroups is a commercial site. Discrete adds are attached to
      the end of messages. However, eGroups policies explicitly state
      that they will not use group lists for other commercial
      purposes. eGroups has a protection system against commercial
      "spam" messages.

      5) Please use only plain text in your messages, not HTML. Many
      people use text-only mail readers.

      6) Attachments are not allowed for safety reasons. If you wish
      to send a file to the entire list, you may upload it to the
      Files section and then inform the list. We have 20MB of storage
      space for files. We also have a Links section where links to
      documents and materials can be added easily by any member.

      7) The list is unmoderated. The role of the Forum Manager is
      merely technical.

      8) Please feel free to invite anyone to join the group. There is
      a Promote section in the web page, where you can copy HTML code
      about the group which you can then place in your web page.

      9) Distribution lists are not perfect. Messages may be lost
      occasionally. It is a good idea to review past exchanges
      periodically in the Forum web page.

      10) The Forum has no official or preferred language for
      messages.

      11) Useful addresses:
      -to send a message: code-switching@egroups.com

      Thank you,
      Celso Alvarez-C�ccamo
      code-switching-owner@egroups.com

    • code-switching@yahoogroups.com
      Message 58 of 58 , May 30, 2004

        MONTHLY REMINDER

        Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2004
        Time: All Day

        Hello, this is a monthly reminder from The Code-Switching Forum.

        1) If you are a newcomer to the list, Welcome! We would
        appreciate an introduction about your work and/or interests.

        2) Replies to messages are distributed directly to the whole
        list.

        3) You have may select one of these three subscription options
        in The Code-Switching Forum web page,
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/code-switching :
        -One e-mail per message sent to the list (E-mail)
        -One daily e-mail with all messages sent that day (Digest)
        -Read the messages on the web only (No Email)

        4) Yahoogroups is a commercial site. Adds are attached to
        messages.

        5) Please use only plain text in your messages, not HTML. Many
        people use text-only mail readers.

        6) Attachments are not allowed for safety reasons. If you wish
        to send a file to the entire list, you may upload it to the
        Files section and then inform the list. We have 20MB of storage
        space for files. There is also have a Links section.

        7) The list is unmoderated. Only the first message by new
        members or from unknown addresses is moderated, in order to
        detect inappropriate messages. The role of the list managers is
        merely technical.

        8) Please feel free to invite anyone to join the group. From the
        Promote section in the web page, you can copy HTML code about
        the group which you can then place in your web page.

        9) Distribution lists are not perfect. Messages may be lost
        occasionally. It is a good idea to review past exchanges
        periodically in the Forum web page.

        10) The Forum has no official or preferred language for
        messages.

        11) A Code-Switching Bibliography Database is accessible at
        http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/codeswitching/ . The Database
        arose from contributions by list members.

        11) Useful addresses:
        -to send a message: code-switching@yahoogroups.com
        -for technical questions: code-switching-owner@yahoogroups.com

        The Forum Managers,