to introduce myself

  • Marian Sloboda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2001
      Hello, :)

      I have just subcribed to the mailing list and was asked to introduce
      myself.

      My name name is Marian Sloboda, and I study general linguistics and
      slavistics at the Charles Uni in Prague, Czech Republic.
      My primary interests are:
      (1) language variability, varieties;
      (2) the question of standard languages vs/and other varieties of a
      particular language from sociolinguistic (and also psycholing.) point
      of view;
      (3) bilingualism, coexistence of (members of) different language
      communities and language minorities: both in general and in
      particular - the Slovak and the Greek minorities in the Czech Rep;
      (4) Czech-Slovak (linguistic and sociolinguistic) interrelations.
      (5) Modern Greek

      Recently, I have started working on "language biographies", and
      autobiographical narratives by the Czech Greeks.

      All the best :)
      Marian