Re(2): [code-switching] lexicon online
- Thanks Celso. I saw the book at the AAA 10 days ago, and it was announced
at the SLA... MH
>Monica and all,Monica Heller
>The references for Duranti's edited volume(s) are:
>1999. Language Matters in Anthropology: A Lexicon for the
>Millennium. _Journal of Linguistic Anthropology_ 9.1-2.
>Duranti, Alessandro, ed. 2001. Key Terms in Language and
>Culture. Malden, MA: Blackwell.
>As far as I know, the Blackwell volume is not out yet.
>Or is it?
>Celso Alvarez Cáccamo Tel. +34 981 167000 ext. 1888
>Linguística Geral, Faculdade de Filologia FAX +34 981 167151
>Universidade da Corunha lxalvarz@...
>15071 A Corunha, Galiza (Espanha) http://www.udc.es/dep/lx/cac/
>To Post a message: code-switching@...
>To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
>Web page: http//www.egroups.com/group/code-switching
Université de Toronto
252 Bloor Ouest
Toronto (Ontario) M5S 1V6
- We would like to remind you of this upcoming event.
Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2004
Time: All Day
Hello, this is a monthly reminder from The Code-Switching Forum.
1) If you are a newcomer to the list, Welcome! We would
appreciate an introduction about your work and/or interests.
2) Replies to messages are distributed directly to the whole
3) You have may select one of these three subscription options
in The Code-Switching Forum web page,
-One e-mail per message sent to the list (E-mail)
-One daily e-mail with all messages sent that day (Digest)
-Read the messages on the web only (No Email)
4) Yahoogroups is a commercial site. Adds are attached to
5) Please use only plain text in your messages, not HTML. Many
people use text-only mail readers.
6) Attachments are not allowed for safety reasons. If you wish
to send a file to the entire list, you may upload it to the
Files section and then inform the list. We have 20MB of storage
space for files. There is also have a Links section.
7) The list is unmoderated. Only the first message by new
members or from unknown addresses is moderated, in order to
detect inappropriate messages. The role of the list managers is
8) Please feel free to invite anyone to join the group. From the
Promote section in the web page, you can copy HTML code about
the group which you can then place in your web page.
9) Distribution lists are not perfect. Messages may be lost
occasionally. It is a good idea to review past exchanges
periodically in the Forum web page.
10) The Forum has no official or preferred language for
11) A Code-Switching Bibliography Database is accessible at
http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/codeswitching/ . The Database
arose from contributions by list members.
11) Useful addresses:
-to send a message: email@example.com
-for technical questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
-to unsubscribe: email@example.com
The Forum Managers,