Re(2): [code-switching] lexicon online

  • Monica Heller
    Message 1 of 58 , Nov 30, 2000
      Thanks Celso. I saw the book at the AAA 10 days ago, and it was announced
      at the SLA... MH

      code-switching@egroups.com writes:
      >Monica and all,
      >
      >The references for Duranti's edited volume(s) are:
      >
      >1999. Language Matters in Anthropology: A Lexicon for the
      >Millennium. _Journal of Linguistic Anthropology_ 9.1-2.
      >
      >Duranti, Alessandro, ed. 2001. Key Terms in Language and
      >Culture. Malden, MA: Blackwell.
      >
      >As far as I know, the Blackwell volume is not out yet.
      >Or is it?
      >
      >-celso
      >
      >--
      >Celso Alvarez Cáccamo Tel. +34 981 167000 ext. 1888
      >Linguística Geral, Faculdade de Filologia FAX +34 981 167151
      >Universidade da Corunha lxalvarz@...
      >15071 A Corunha, Galiza (Espanha) http://www.udc.es/dep/lx/cac/

      >Web page: http//www.egroups.com/group/code-switching

      Monica Heller
      CREFO, OISE
      Université de Toronto
      252 Bloor Ouest
      Toronto (Ontario) M5S 1V6
      Canada
    • code-switching@yahoogroups.com
      Message 58 of 58 , May 30, 2004

        MONTHLY REMINDER

        Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2004
        Time: All Day

        Hello, this is a monthly reminder from The Code-Switching Forum.

        1) If you are a newcomer to the list, Welcome! We would
        appreciate an introduction about your work and/or interests.

        2) Replies to messages are distributed directly to the whole
        list.

        3) You have may select one of these three subscription options
        in The Code-Switching Forum web page,
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/code-switching :
        -One e-mail per message sent to the list (E-mail)
        -One daily e-mail with all messages sent that day (Digest)
        -Read the messages on the web only (No Email)

        4) Yahoogroups is a commercial site. Adds are attached to
        messages.

        5) Please use only plain text in your messages, not HTML. Many
        people use text-only mail readers.

        6) Attachments are not allowed for safety reasons. If you wish
        to send a file to the entire list, you may upload it to the
        Files section and then inform the list. We have 20MB of storage
        space for files. There is also have a Links section.

        7) The list is unmoderated. Only the first message by new
        members or from unknown addresses is moderated, in order to
        detect inappropriate messages. The role of the list managers is
        merely technical.

        8) Please feel free to invite anyone to join the group. From the
        Promote section in the web page, you can copy HTML code about
        the group which you can then place in your web page.

        9) Distribution lists are not perfect. Messages may be lost
        occasionally. It is a good idea to review past exchanges
        periodically in the Forum web page.

        10) The Forum has no official or preferred language for
        messages.

        11) A Code-Switching Bibliography Database is accessible at
        http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/codeswitching/ . The Database
        arose from contributions by list members.

        11) Useful addresses:
        -to send a message: code-switching@yahoogroups.com
        -for technical questions: code-switching-owner@yahoogroups.com

        The Forum Managers,