hi

  • petek kurtboke
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2000
      Hi everybody,
      I've been in transit for the last couple of months and only just
      read the messages exchanged on the list since mid-August. Just a
      comment on two points, I believe made by Celso:
      -----------

      "I think two (unsolved) issues intersect here: (1) the
      relationships between (the notions of) 'code', 'grammar'
      and 'language varieties'; ........

      I don't think code-switching research has produced enough
      understanding of these questions yet. I personally
      would like to put these things together."
      ------------

      check chapters 9 and 10 at
      http://www.vicnet.net.au/~petek/thesis/

      and in relation to that
      ----------

      "Yes, of course, that is one of the reasons why the forum was
      created -- so that discussion could arise and questions could
      be asked and answered. Unfortunately, though, too often most people
      are too busy to carry on lengthy debates, or too shy to
      participate..."

      ----------

      you forgot to mention 'politics'...

      Cheers and nice to be back
      Petek
    • basan_r
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2006
        Hi! I'm a research scholar in Osmania University, Hyderabad, India.
        I'm working on the code-switching of English and Meiteilon, a Tibeto-
        Burman language of the Meiteis spoken in parts of the North-Eastern
        states of India, mainly Manipur. However my focus is on code-switching
        by the Meitei population, mostly the student community, in Delhi. For
        this, I'm taking into account Myers-Scotten's Matrix Language
        Model.It's really nice to have come across this group and the
        exchanges which take place. I hope to contribute my ideas as well as
        benifit from those of yours.