Re: [code-switching] attitude toward CS

  • Sasha Aikhenvald
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 30, 2000
      Dear ""Adrienne R. Isaac" <aisaac@...>"

      This is to let you know that your message
      of "Fri, 30 Jun 2000 21:20:23 -0700", regarding "Re: [code-switching] attitude toward CS" was received.

      I will be away from 22 May to 2 July, and
      will reply to your email when I get back.

      If you have anything urgent please contact our
      Executive Officer, Siew Peng Condon at siewpeng@...,
      or call on +61 03 9467 3128.

      Please do not reply to this message.

      Cheers

      Sasha
    • Jdltn414@cs.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2000
        Adrienne,

        I am looking into the issue my self and will be glad to pass on anything that
        I come across.

        JIM
      • Julianne Hammink
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2000
          >>I am wondering about the
          literature on children's awareness of their code-switching practices,
          and
          their ideologies that may influence such practices.

          These may be interesting to you:

          Genishi, C. S. 1976. Rules for Code-Switching in Young Spanish-
          English Speakers: An Exploratory Study of Language Socialization. Ann
          Arbor, MI: Xerox University Microfilms.

          Benjamin, R. 1996. "The Functions of Spanish in the School Lives
          of
          Mexicano Bilingual Children." Bilingual Research Journal, 20.
          135-164.

          Genesee, F. 1980. The Social Psychological Significance of Code
          Switching for Children. ERIC Document ED200024.

          ~Julianne Hammink
        • ISAAC,ADRIENNE RUTH
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2000
            Great, thank you!