[code-switching] Second Welcome

  • Celso Alvarez Caccamo
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2000
      Hello / Olá / Hola / etc.,

      Welcome / Bem-vind@ / Bienvenid@ / etc. to The Code-Switching
      Forum. This is the first, organizational message, just to
      confirm that the list exists ;-).

      I am glad to inform you that less than 24 hours after my
      announcement, there are already 30 signers in the list.

      I will post a Call for Self-Presentations ;-) in a couple
      of days, when more people join in.

      In the meantime, please remember a few things:

      1) Replies to messages are distributed directly
      to the whole list.

      2) You have four subscription options, which you can choose
      among in The Code-Switching Forum web page,
      http://www.egroups.com/list/code-switching :
      -One e-mail per message sent to the list
      -One daily e-mail with all messages sent to the list that day
      -One daily e-mail with a summary of messages sent that
      day (only Sender and Subject)
      -No e-mails: Read the messages on the web only

      3) The server, eGroups, is a commercial site. Messages
      include discrete adds at the end (I don't even know what
      they are about). The option exists of eliminating the adds
      for a monthly fee of US$ 4.95, but I ain't gonna pay ;-).

      4) Please try to use only plain text, not HTML, in your
      messages.

      5) My role is merely technical -- I am what is called
      the list "owner", but the list is unmoderated.
      eGroups has a protection system against spam messages.

      6) The list is open to anyone. Please feel free to
      invite people, either directly or from The Code-Switching
      Forum web page. To subscribe, send a blank message to:
      code-switching-subscribe@egroups.com .

      7) Distribution lists are not perfect. Messages may be
      lost occasionally. It is always a good idea to review past
      exchanges periodically in the Forum web page.

      Thank you, and keep tuned,

      Celso Alvarez Cáccamo Tel. +34 981 167000 ext. 1888
      Linguística Geral, Faculdade de Filologia FAX +34 981 167151
      Universidade da Corunha lxalvarz@...
      15071 A Corunha, Galiza (Espanha) http://www.udc.es/dep/lx/cac/