Re: [code-switching] Concerning Data Analysis Techniques used with electronic data

  • Francis P. Magno
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2011
      Hi Walid,
       It would be best to start with your data. Try to see if anything jumps out--glaring patterns. From there you can select the best approach.

      I would say that if you wanted to do social motivations on codeswhitching on an advertisement, wouldn't the motivation be apparent already? Just my though on it.

      Thanks!

      FRANCIS P. MAGNO
      MA English Studies-Language
      University of the Philippines
      Diliman, Quezon City 1101

      "Anyone whose goal is 'something higher' must expect someday to suffer vertigo. What is vertigo? Fear of falling? No, Vertigo is something other than fear of falling. It is the voice of the emptiness below us which tempts and lures us, it is the desire to fall, against which, terrified, we defend ourselves."
      Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being