Re: File - Reminder

  • Benhattab
    Message 1 of 210 , May 20, 2011
      Hi all
      I am lotfi abdelkader Benhattab. I am a senior lecturer in contact linguistics at the university of Oran Algeria. I completed a doctorate in sociolinguistics in february 2011. I have been working in the past 06 years on the Berber minority groups of Algeria. These minority groups are characterized by their use of Berber which is a language that is unintillegible with Algerian arabic(the variety used by the majority in Algeria. My fields of intersts are the language phenomena triggered by the contact between Berber, Algerian Arabic Standard Arabic, and French in Oran that is an urban centre of Algeria, The maintenance of Berber in the speech of the Berber minority groups of Oran, the morphosyntactic analysis of code switching and related phenomena in the Berber minority groups, the Analysis of bilingual conversations( through conversational analysis procedures) i.e. the use of code switching as a conversational device in Berber speakers, the attitudes of Berber speakers towards the languages that make up their verbal repertoire, and the nature and the functionning of the Berber minority social networks that are at work in the urban centres of Algeria and in the Berber emigrants minority groups in europe.

      I am cuurently conducting my post doctoral research on the same minority groups. I have visited birkbeck college many times as i am working with Dr Gardner Chloros on the conversational aspect of my research. I have also visited kings college several times where i have been working in the centre for communication and discourse with Pr Rampton.

      I have heard about the forum from many colleagues from the university of Fes, the Inalco of Paris and the Birkbeck college of London. I am so happy and so excited to be a new member of the group. I hope that my new membership will contribute to the group.

      Looking forward to reading from all the members all the very soon

      All the very best regards

      LOtfi Abdelkader Benhattab
      Senior lecturer of contact linguistics
      Department of Anglo-Saxon Languages
      Research fellow Dynamics linguistics and language Contact Laboratory
      Oran university
      Algeria