  • Adam Paliwala
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2010
      Hi

      Actually, I would start by following up the suggestions made in another thread
      on this topic earlier this year:
      esp. re prosodic features and tonal patterns. Though this is not my area, I
      personally thought that Celso's comments on how code-switched sentences can
      'fit' melodic and rhythmic patterns particularly insightful (see his example of
      trilingual sentences in a two-beat trochaic rhythm found in Galazian music). As
      these accord with Sergio's comments on the conflict between Italian throcaic
      endings and musical styles with a strong back-beat, I would think that using
      rhythm as a starting point would be a good idea.
      Unfortunately, this really isn't my area, and I am afraid suggesting a
      more-packaged theory to apply is beyond me at this point. However, this topic
      has been discussed here before, and I am sure options will present themselves...
      Good luck, Ray, with the very interesting work!
      Peace and Love,
      Adam.