new member

  • mcchesne@students.sonoma.edu
    Message 1 of 9 , May 29, 2000
      hello list,

      my name is casey and i am an interdisciplinary graduate student at
      sonoma state university in northern california. i have combined
      psychology, anthropology, education and special education into my own
      program.

      i am interested in code-switching from a meta-knowledge level - the
      added cognitive complexity that code-switching indicates that is not
      usually attributed to the person who is code-switching.

      i am very interested in what this list will bring to light.

      casey
    • psa208@nyu.edu
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 11, 2001
        > Upon subscription, please introduce yourself to the list.

        Hi,
        My name is Philipp Angermeyer. I'm a graduate student in Linguistics
        at New York University. Code-Switching is my main research interest,
        and I received a M.A. from the University of Cologne in Germany for a
        thesis on code-switching in parent-child interaction in a trilingual
        (English/French/German) family in Canada.
        I'm planning to write my dissertation on language contact in New York
        City, and I'm particularly interested in the relationship between
        code-switching and court interpretation.
        I'm looking forward to participating in the forum, and as there is "no
        official or preferred language for messages," I'd be happy to answer
        requests auf Deutsch, en Français, en Español, in het Nederlands,
        anebo ve Cestine, as well as in English, of course. (Or in
        combinations thereof).
      • Brianna Rauschuber
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 29, 2003
          Hello all,

          I'm an MA student at the University of Texas at
          Arlington. I'm investigating the discourse functions
          of Spanish-English code switching for my thesis.
          Anyone else working on a similar topic?

          Brianna Rauschuber

        • Juan Jose Bueno Holle
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 30, 2003
            Hello,
            I'm an MA student at the UNAM in Mexico City. I'm investigating Spanish-English code-switching in oral narratives...

            Juan José Bueno

            Brianna Rauschuber <bri_gayle@...> wrote:
            Hello all,

            I'm an MA student at the University of Texas at
            Arlington. I'm investigating the discourse functions
            of Spanish-English code switching for my thesis.
            Anyone else working on a similar topic?

            Brianna Rauschuber

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • Muhsina
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 3, 2006
              Hello

              I am a student at the Université de Paris-8, France.
              I personally code-switch a lot between Mauritian Creole, French and
              English. I am interested in code-switching phenomena in situations
              involving a Creole language and an European language, although this is
              not the topic of my work.
              I would like to know of any work done within the framework of
              Myers-Scotton's Main Language Frame model, or if there is any
              reappraisal/criticism of that work.

              Thank you
              Muhsina Alleesaib
            • johnstewpriest
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 1, 2013
                Hello. My name is John and I am a tutor and independent researcher of various languages and dialects past and present. I am also becoming v interested in code-switching. I hope to learn and.contribute
              • Maria Eugenia Trillo
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 5, 2013
                  Welcome to the group, John.
                  --Maria Eugenia Trillo, Ph.D.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 6, 2013
                    Many thanks, Maria!
                    I am interested, inter alia, in comparing the amount and the nature of code-switching in different societies and social groups, and in its causes.

                    yahoogroups.com, Maria Eugenia Trillo <metrillo2002@...> wrote:

                    > Welcome to the group, John.
                    > --Maria Eugenia Trillo, Ph.D.

                  • Andre Melo
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 6, 2013
                      Indeed welcome. There may not seem to be much activity on the forum but once you have have a question or need help, you will be gratified by the magnitude of the contributions.

                      André Melo