RE: [code-switching] Myers-Scotton critique

  • Rina Raichlin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2008
      There is an article by MacSwan in Bilingualism:Language and Cognition 2005 where he critisizes Myers-Scotton and her attemptes to use a Minimalist Program.
      Rina

      To: code-switching@yahoogroups.comFrom: leoni@...: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:40:47 +0200Subject: [code-switching] Myers-Scotton critique

      Hello Everyone I�ve been working on CS for heavens knows how long, but stopped activelyreading about it some time ago. I need to pick up my studies again andwondered if any one here on the list has a reference list for critique onMyers-Scotton� work? I�d really appreciate it RegardsLeoniNo virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 270.4.1/1513 - Release Date: 22/06/200807:52[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

    • Kathryn Woolard
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2008
        For a critique of the Markedness Model, see
        Meeuwis, M. and Blommaert, J. (1994) The “Markedness model” and the absence
        of society: Remarks on codeswitching. Multilingua 13 (4): 387-423.

        I also give a brief critical discussion of the markedness model in a survey
        article:
        Woolard, K. (2004) Codeswitching. In Sandro Duranti, ed., A Companion to
        Linguistic Anthropology. Blackwell. Pp. 73-94.

        Kit W.

        Kathryn A. Woolard kwoolard@...
        Professor Phone: (858) 534-4639
        Department of Anthropology, 0532 Fax : (858) 534-5946
        UCSD
        9500 Gilman Drive
        La Jolla, CA 92093-0532