New book

  • Sebba, Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2008
      Members of this group may be interested in this book which was published at the end of last year:

      Gafaranga, Joseph: Talk in two languages
      Palgrave Macmillan, 2007.

      List of contents

      * Introduction
      * Some Quasi-Theories of Order in Talk in Two Languages
      * Grammatical Order in Talk in Two Languages
      * Using the Models: Class Agreement in Kinyarwanda-French Language Alternation
      * Interactional Order in Talk in Two Languages: Identity-Related Accounts
      * Interactional Order in Talk in Two Languages: Organisational Explanation
      * Using the Models: Direct Speech Reporting in Talk in Two Languages
      * Applying Language Alternation Studies
      * Summary and Conclusion * References

      http://www.palgrave.com/products/title.aspx?PID=270817
      ____________________________________________>h
      Dr Mark Sebba
      Reader in Sociolinguistics and Language Contact
      Department of Linguistics,
      Lancaster University
      Lancaster LA1 4YT
      Great Britain
      Tel. +44 1524 592453
      Fax +44 1524 843085
      e-mail: M.Sebba@...
      http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/profiles/Mark-Sebba/
      http://web.onetel.com/~marksebba/index.htm

      *I shall not be using apostrophes from 1st January 2007.*