Re: Language Dominance/ Emotions & Code-switching

  • piotrszyld
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2007
      Hello,
      i do have some bibliography on this topic, I'm writing a thesis on
      taboo words perception by bilinguals - you'll find my post and request
      fort taboo questionnaire respondents further up on the list. Anyway
      Ill put the following 3 articles in pdf in the 'File' section- hope
      you'll find them of any use:
      -14622929 Aycycegi, Harris recall and recognition of emotion words.
      -affection and bilinualism stockholm.pdf
      -multilingualism and emotions. pavlenko review.pdf

      I have some more, but connected with memory rather than code
      switching- let me know if you'd be interested

      Best regards
      Piotr Szyld

      --- In code-switching@yahoogroups.com, Diana Gomez <Chilindrina_5@...>
      wrote:

      > Does anyone have a bibliography and or articles to refer to
      regarding the relationship between language dominance and
      code-switching, as well as emotions and code-switching, I am finishing
      my thesis on Code-switching in Compound vs. Coordinate bilinguals and
      found that language dominance and emotionality are more important
      factors. Thanks
      > diana
      >

      > Diana Ibarra de Gómez
      >
      > The most dangerous weapon: A CHICANA with an EDUCATION!!!!!
      >

      > From: code-switching@...: code-switching@...: Sun, 1 Apr 2007
      15:07:30 +0000Subject: [code-switching] File - Reminder

      > Hello, this is a monthly reminder from The Code-Switching Forum.1)
      If you are a newcomer to the list, Welcome! We wouldappreciate an
      introduction about your work and/or interests.2) Replies to messages
      are distributed directly to the wholelist.3) You have may select one
      of these three subscription optionsin The Code-Switching Forum web
      page,http://groups.yahoo.com/group/code-switching :-One e-mail per
      message sent to the list (E-mail)-One daily e-mail with all messages
      sent that day (Digest)-Read the messages on the web only (No Email)4)
      Yahoogroups is a commercial site. Adds are attached tomessages.5)
      Please use only plain text in your messages, not HTML. Manypeople use
      text-only mail readers.6) Attachments are not allowed for safety
      reasons. If you wishto send a file to the entire list, you may upload
      it to theFiles section and then inform the list. We have 20MB of
      storagespace for files. There is also have a Links section.7) The list
      is unmoderated. Only the first message by newmembers or from unknown
      addresses is moderated, in order todetect inappropriate messages. The
      role of the list managers ismerely technical.8) Please feel free to
      invite anyone to join the group. From thePromote section in the web
      page, you can copy HTML code aboutthe group which you can then place
      in your web page.9) Distribution lists are not perfect. Messages may
      be lostoccasionally. It is a good idea to review past
      exchangesperiodically in the Forum web page.10) The Forum has no
      official or preferred language formessages.11) A Code-Switching
      Bibliography Database is accessible
      athttp://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/codeswitching/ . The Databasearose
      from contributions by list members.11) Useful addresses:-to send a
      message: code-switching@... technical questions:
      Forum Managers,Eph TunkleCarsten OttoMarian Sloboda