Re: hi! I am tom in China. working on the emotional intesin of cs

  • Chad Nilep
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2006
      Hi, Tom.

      Jean-Marc Dewaele and Aneta Pavlenko edited as special issue of the Journal of
      Multilingual and Multicultural Development on 'Bilingualism and emotion' in
      2004.

      As I recall, most of the contributors were interested in the expression of
      emotion in various languages rather than what you call "emotional support." (In
      fact, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that.) There may be articles of
      interest to you there, though. There are articles in the volume about language
      choice and switching codes.

      The volume is Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development, Volume 25,
      number 2&3, 2004.

      -Chad Nilep

      Quoting code-switching @ yahoogroups.com:

      --
      Chad D. Nilep Rien ne serait pire pour
      Department of Linguistics l'humanité que de progresser