Re: [code-switching] Digest Number 524

  • mariama changamire
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 2006
      Greetings,

      I am very interested in reviewing everyone's current
      briefings on their code-switching projects. Could we
      possibly reserve a space on the group site where
      people can upload their work and others can view it at
      will?

      I am a graduate student preparing research for
      code-switching amongst AVE speakers here in the US. I
      am particularly interested in the economic viability
      in relation to levels of switching ability. Having
      the potential to access comparative studies that are
      contemporary would be most useful.

      Thanks,

      Mariama
    • Celso Alvarez Cáccamo
      Message 2 of 3 , May 26, 2006
        Mariama,

        That's already possible for group members. Go to
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/code-switching/ (you need to Sign In in
        Yahoogroups), go to Files in the left column, upload your file, and
        activate the Notify option so that the entire list gets informed about it.
        Folders for specific topics or types of materials can be created too.

        -celso
        Celso Alvarez Cáccamo

        At 07:29 26-05-2006 -0700, you wrote:
        >Greetings,
        >
        >I am very interested in reviewing everyone's current
        >briefings on their code-switching projects. Could we
        >possibly reserve a space on the group site where
        >people can upload their work and others can view it at
        >will?
        >
        >I am a graduate student preparing research for
        >code-switching amongst AVE speakers here in the US. I
        >am particularly interested in the economic viability
        >in relation to levels of switching ability. Having
        >the potential to access comparative studies that are
        >contemporary would be most useful.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >
        >Mariama
      • Marian Sloboda
        Message 3 of 3 , May 26, 2006
          Hello,

          yes, it is already possible to learn about which languages members
          of the Forum work with and about their research interests. Just
          click on "Database" on the Forum's website. There are about 30
          entries, info about other members can be added. Electronic versions
          of the members' papers can be uploaded to the Forum's site -
          section "Files". If you have any problems with this, please write to
          me or Eph Tunkle, the CS Forum moderators.

          Enjoy the CS Forum,
          best wishes,

          Marian

          --- In code-switching@yahoogroups.com, mariama changamire