RE: [code-switching] Digest Number 517

  • Davis, Boyd
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2006
      Beat, I would really appreciate a copy of your pm article to share with my grad students here in Taiwan (National Kaohsiung Univ) -- so we can look more closely at the phenom. of written codeswitching in digital settingxs
      Boyd Davis
      boydhdavis@...
      http://www.english.uncc.edu/bdavis

      From: "Beat Siebenhaar" beat7@...
      2. Re: written code switching
      From: "Sangeeta.Bagga-Gupta@..." Sangeeta.Bagga-Gupta@...

      Message 1
      From: "Beat Siebenhaar" beat7@...
      Date: Thu May 11, 2006 8:04am(PDT)
      Subject: Re: written code switching

      Hi,
      >I am currently working on my thesis on written code switching.
      >Materials for this type of code switching are hard to find because as
      >far as I know it has not been fully discussed by the experts. I hope
      >there's someone out there who could possibly direct me to the nearest
      >possible model which I could use for my research.

      I have written some articles on Swiss-German - German code switching
      in Swiss chat rooms that can be downloaded in a preversion from my
      website http://www.germanistik.unibe.ch/siebenhaar/Publikationen.html
      (all downloadable texts are in German), and I can send you a
      forthcoming article in English on pm if you are interested in.

      Greetings
      Beat

      Message 2
      From: "Sangeeta.Bagga-Gupta@..." Sangeeta.Bagga-Gupta@...
      Date: Thu May 11, 2006 10:21am(PDT)

      Hi,
      I studied multilingual settings and was particularly interested in literacies for my PhD. My ethnographically focused thesis was published in 1995 and I can send you a hard copy if you are interested. Let me know where.
      Sangeeta

      --
      Associate Professor/Docent
      Department of Education/Pedagogiska institutionen

      http://www.oru.se/pi/sangeeta