Re: [code-switching] written code switching

  • f_r_a_n_c_i_s
    Message 1 of 7 , May 10, 2006
      hi,

      my thesis focused on code-switching in text messages. this is tecnically written so you may want to look at it.

      sincerely,

      francis magno

      Francis P. Magno
      MA English Studies-Language
      University of the Philippines-Diliman
      Quezon City, Philippines

      felixx38 <felixx38@...> wrote:
      I am currently working on my thesis on written code switching.
      Materials for this type of code switching are hard to find because as
      far as I know it has not been fully discussed by the experts. I hope
      there's someone out there who could possibly direct me to the nearest
      possible model which I could use for my research.

      Thanks.

      Online social science degree Social science book Social science degree Social sciences

    • basan
      Message 2 of 7 , May 18, 2006
        hi,
        i'm working on code switching of English and
        Meiteilon(a tibeto burman lg spoken in Manipur, India
        and i have taken Myers-Scotten's Matrix Model as the
        framework for the same. i'm not particularly looking
        at written code switching. However, i would like to
        know more about it. i would also like to know if there
        are certain models or frameworks for written code
        switching ( can't it be dealt with , for example,
        Matrix Model? just wondering). I would be thankful if
        anybody can give some references.

        Basant

        http://www.germanistik.unibe.ch/siebenhaar/Publikationen.html

        http://mail.yahoo.com