Myers -Scotton

  • sofriendly80
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hello group,

      I am working on a study examining code-switching/mixing in bilingual
      children. I don't have access to Myers-Scotton's models on code-
      switching/mixing. Could you please e-mail me a copy of that
      (especially the Matrix Language Frame Model)?

      Thank you,

      Alaa
      MA student
      King AbbdulAziz University
      Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    • sergio pasquandrea
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2005
        You can find an overview of the model nere:
        www.sisf.minoh.osaka.jp/research/re9/namba.pdf

        One of the most recent versions of Myers-Scotton's model is in this article:
        1999c. "Explaining the role of norms and rationality in codeswitching. Journal of Pragmatics 32. 1259-71.
        (you can download it on Jounal of Pragmatics online)

        sofriendly80 <loloz80@...> ha scritto:
        Hello group,

        I am working on a study examining code-switching/mixing in bilingual
        children. I don't have access to Myers-Scotton's models on code-
        switching/mixing. Could you please e-mail me a copy of that
        (especially the Matrix Language Frame Model)?

        Thank you,

        Alaa
        MA student
        King AbbdulAziz University