  • Talia Bugel
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 12:09 PM
      Hi everybody! I' m Talia Bugel, I' m Uruguayan and I studied in Brazil,
      where I researched on the interaction of Spanish variants in Spanish as a
      foreign language. Spanish teaching is currently very trendy in Brazil and
      there' s plenty of code/switching in class, since all the textbooks and
      instructions come from Spain while many of the acting teachers are Latin
      American. I think this kind of code/switching has deep consequences in
      identity matters and I want to devote my PhD research to the area of
      language, culture and ideology in the particular context I explained before.

      I think this list can be extremely useful to get opinions on that
      phenomenon and I thank Celso for his great idea.