Spanish-English-etc-contact in the US

  • Britta Weber
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2004
      Dear all,

      I'm a PhD student at Aachen University, Germany. I'm currently working on Spanish-English language contact phenoma in the US which includes questions of Spanish maintenance. In the article by Mejías, Hugo et al. (2002): "Attitudes toward Spanish Language Maintenance or Shift (LMLS) in the Lower Rio Grande Valley of South Texas" it was hinted at the fact that Spanish is sort of becoming a lingua franca there even for speakers of language backgrounds like Korean, Arab etc.

      Has anyone any idea on where to find further insight into this hypothesis in literature? Every suggestion is welcome!

      Thanks,
      Britta

      --
      Britta Weber