MODERATOR

  • Carsten Otto
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24 6:47 AM
      Fellow listeros,

      I am glad - and I really am - to announce that the moderation of this
      group is actively
      taken over by our member Marian Sloboda.
      All messages that need to be approved are sent to her to be reviewd,
      accepted or rejected.
      Eph Tunkle will continue to co-moderate.
      I will be listed as the list-owner for a while but wanting to pass this
      "title" along in the near future, too.
      Please keep sending your queries, informations, calls for papers,
      suggestions, and questions for discussion.

      Have fun!

      Cheers and all the best

      Carsten Otto
      former csw-forum-moderator
    • Celso Alvarez Cáccamo
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24 4:34 PM
        Dear Carsten Otto,

        Thanks so much for helping keep the list alive all this time as a
        Moderator. As you see, even the worst nightmares have an end ;-).

        And thank you to Marian Sloboda for taking over. I wish you the best in
        your new task. The list and the group have a lot of potential that might be
        developed. How about a stable Code-Switching website with work in progress,
        news, etc.?

        lxalvarz@...

        At 15:47 24-05-2004 +0200, you wrote:
        >Fellow listeros,
        >
        >I am glad - and I really am - to announce that the moderation of this
        >group is actively
        >taken over by our member Marian Sloboda.
        >All messages that need to be approved are sent to her to be reviewd,
        >accepted or rejected.
        >Eph Tunkle will continue to co-moderate.
        >I will be listed as the list-owner for a while but wanting to pass this
        >"title" along in the near future, too.
        >Please keep sending your queries, informations, calls for papers,
        >suggestions, and questions for discussion.
        >
        >Have fun!
        >
        >Cheers and all the best
        >
        >Carsten Otto
        >former csw-forum-moderator

        >Web page: http//groups.yahoo.com/group/code-switching
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Marian Sloboda
        Message 3 of 3 , May 25 12:23 PM
          Dear CS Forum subscribers,

          as Carsten Otto has announced (thank you, Carsten, for the
          introduction) I am taking over his role of a CS Forum moderator, and
          I hope to be able to perform it as well as he has.

          [To introduce myself briefly, I am a Ph.D. student of General
          Linguistics at Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic. I focus
          currently on social aspects of 'ausbau' bilingualism (in closely
          related languages where semicommunication is possible, particularly
          Slavic). My dissertation will deal with language management of
          Belarusan and Russian in Belarus, some of my few papers concern Czech-
          Slovak bilingual talk.]

          I would like to join Carsten in plea for that you keep sending your
          queries, information, calls for papers, suggestions, and questions
          for discussion. Some members have recently asked for definitions of
          terms related to CS. Some answers might be found in older postings.
          I'd like to encourage them to search the CS archive in order to make
          the best of the CS Forum for themselves. There are also useful links
          and info in the 'Links' and 'Files' sections at the Forum homepage.
          In 'Database' section, there is still a small Members' Research
          Interests database. You are welcomed to add info about yourself. For
          those who do not know yet: a large bibliographic CS database is
          available at http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/codeswitching/. Please
          contact moderators with any questions or suggestions that concern CS
          Forum, your subscriptions, etc.

          Finally, Celso Alvarez-Caccamo (thank you, Celso, for your wishes)
          has suggested creating a stable website devoted to CS. I think it
          would be great to have something like that. Is anyone willing, and
          has time and skills to start such a webpage?

          Best regards,

          Marian Sloboda