Re: [code-switching] Help me ervin-tripp

  • muslimov mehmet zaqir oglu
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 21, 2004
      >Mehmet
      >Where do you live?
      I live in Saint-Petersburg, Russia.

      >These languages, I mean Izhorian and Votian seem to be of >Turcic group. can you tell me the name in Russian and the >location of them.

      Izhorian (Russian Izhorskij jazyk, Ижорский язык) is closely related to Finnish and Karelian, Votian (Russian Vodskij jazyk, Водский язык) is closely related to Estonian. They are spoken in the western part of Leningrad region, near the border between Estonia and Russia.

      >Nibud is obviously a codeswitched item from Russian, but >maybe almost aclimatized.

      Usually -lee is used; c^en-lee 'somebody'. But in purely Votian context -nibud is also used, c^en-nibud 'somebody'.
      Respects
      Mehmet