Re: [code-switching] Turkisch-German CS

  • Peter Bakker
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2003
      Treffers-Daller, Jeanine and Roeland van Hout (1999) “De meting van
      woordenschat-rijkdom in het Turks van Turks-Duits tweetaligen” [The
      measurement of vocabulary richness in Turkish as spoken by Turkish-German
      bilinguals], in: Artikelen van de Derde Sociolinguistische Conferentie
      [Papers for the Third Sociolinguistics Conference], Delft: Eburon. 1999.
      pp 429-440. ISBN 90-5166-687-10.
      Treffers-Daller, Jeanine (1997) "Contact on the linguistic frontier: a
      comparison between the mutual influences of Germanic and Romance language
      varieties", in: Wölck, W. and A. de Houwer (1997) Recent Studies in
      Contact Linguistics, Bonn: Dümmler, 374-384. ISBN 3-427-64181-3.
      Treffers-Daller, Jeanine (1997) "Variability in codeswitching styles:
      Turkish-German code-switching patterns". In: Jacobson, Rodolfo (1997),
      Codeswitching worldwide. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter, 277-297. ISBN:
      3110151510

      Jeanine Treffers-Daller and Helmut Daller (eds.) (1995a) Zwischen den
      Sprachen. Sprachgebrauch, Sprachmischung und Sprachfähigkeiten türkischer
      Rückkehrer aus Deutschland. [Between the languages. Language use, language
      mixing and language proficiency of Turkish returnees from Germany.] Volume
      1. Proceedings of the first Symposium about the language situation of the
      returnees. 26. October 1993. Bo_aziçi University, Turkey: The Language
      Center, Occasional Papers in Linguistics 1, 98 p.
      Jeanine Treffers-Daller and Helmut Daller (eds.) (1995b) Zwischen den
      Sprachen. Sprachgebrauch, Sprachmischung und Sprachfähigkeiten türkischer
      Rückkehrer aus Deutschland. [Between the languages. Language use, language
      mixing and language proficiency of Turkish returnees from Germany.] Volume
      2. Proceedings of the second Symposium about the language situations of
      Turkish returnees from Germany. 4 and 5 January 1995. Bogaziçi University,
      Turkey: The Language Center, Occasional Papers in Linguistics 2, 136 p.

      Peter Bakker email: linpb@...
      Institute for Linguistics tel. (45) 8942.6553
      Aarhus University, Nobelparken tel. institute: (0045)8942.6562
      Jens Chr. Skous Vej 7 fax institute: (0045)8942.6570
      DK - 8000 Aarhus C Building 467, room 521

      home page: www.hum.au.dk/lingvist/linpb/home_uk.htm
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 8, 2004
        Hi all

        Happy to join this forum.
        I'm a teacher of Dutch SL in Antwerp, Belgium.
        My interest in code switching initially got triggered by casually
        overhearing members of the large local Jewish, Moroccan and Turkish
        communities switching between up to 4 languages.
        I hope (well, i'm quite sure) that this list can help me understand a
        few things about code switching.

        Regards,

        Frank Verhoft

      • lidaa aka
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 21, 2004
          hi all,
          i am interested in code switching used by the
          advertisement industry on Cable catering to
          multilinguals. it appears very little work has been
          done in this regard. can anyone please tell me if
          anyone has done any work in this regard.
          aadil

        • hw_2020
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 20, 2004
            Hello everybody,

            My name is Io and I am a PhD student in Essex University. I'm a new
            member in the forum.