Re: Re: USB Audio CODEC Missing

  • Dick Kriss
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 1, 2011
      > Thanks Chen. There is no USB CODEC in the System Profiler under USB. I will continue to troubleshoot on the TS-590s side of things.
      >
      > Your help, and the help of everyone else is much appreciated.
      >
      > 73, Doug
      > KY4F

      Doug KY4F,

      Thanks for definition of the problem. The first thing I would do is replace the USB cable with a known good cable. i would then install or reinstall a fresh version of the Silicon Labs USB to UART driver. Then turn ON the TS-590 with the known good cable and RESTART the Mac. Once it has booted check the System Information to see if the USB Audio CODEC is displayed.

      <http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3343/usbaudiocodec.png>

      Note the above link also shows the Silicon Lab Bridge Controller above the USB Audio CODEC.

      Let us know if this works. If not you may to run applejack if you happened to have it installed on your Mac to be sure the Mac is healthy.

      Dick AA5VU

      This may be a dumb question but I have assumed your Mac is running OS X?

    • dwhaft
      Message 37 of 37 , Dec 9, 2011
        Joe and all,

        I picked up a pair of USB headphones last night. Plugged them in when I got home and they work fine. Them Mac saw them, added them to the sound devices with no problem. That confirms to me that the rig sound card is the issue.

        I had told Kenwood support I suspected as much a couple days ago. I asked them if the had any troubleshooting suggestions. They replied that they did not. LOL.

        I'm not going to send the radio in for service now. Maybe in the summer when I don't operate as much. In the mean time, I guess I'll just wired up the audio from the accessory jack at go with that.

        Thanks again for all the time and thought everyone has spent on this.

        73, Doug
        KY4F