Re: eBird Report - Blakeley Island , 8/10/08

  • Chazz Hesselein
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2008
      Dear CBAers,

      Below is my eBird summary from a bit of birding at Blakeley Island this
      morning. I was hoping to find a Wilson's Phalarope or two this morning
      but that species was a no-show. I had seen a large flock of Black
      Skimmers a couple of weeks ago and was glad they are still hanging
      around. The Blue-winged teal were a surprise and made me go to my
      field guide several times until I saw the flock fly.

      Good birding all!

      Chazz
      > Location: Blakeley Island
      > Observation date: 8/10/08
      > Notes: partly cloudy, mid to high 80s, sweaty weather, 3 mottle
      > ducks were fledglings
      > Number of species: 25
      >
      > Mottled Duck 17
      > Blue-winged Teal 20
      > Great Blue Heron 1
      > Great Egret 1
      > Little Blue Heron 1
      > Osprey 1
      > Broad-winged Hawk 4
      > Common Moorhen 3
      > Semipalmated Plover 6
      > Killdeer 27
      > Black-necked Stilt 44
      > Spotted Sandpiper 3
      > Greater Yellowlegs 8
      > Lesser Yellowlegs 1
      > Least Sandpiper 190
      > Dunlin 1
      > Stilt Sandpiper 1
      > Laughing Gull 4
      > Least Tern 1
      > Caspian Tern 8
      > Black Skimmer 72
      > Mourning Dove 24
      > Cliff Swallow 2
      > Barn Swallow 3
      > Northern Mockingbird 6
      >
      > This report was generated automatically by eBird
      > v2(http://ebird.org/GCBO)

    • David Dortch
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2008
        Hi all. Carrie and I plan to be there on Saturday morning and would like to invite everyone to come over to our house after the field trip to eat lunch. Grab something on the island and then bring it to our house and we will eat on the porch. There are a couple of new places on the island. We had the sautéed chicken from the common loon the last time we were on the island and thought it was very good.

        David Dortch