CBA sparrow tromp 2-7-09

  • Chazz Hesselein
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2009
      This Saturday, February 7, there will be a sparrow tromping Coastal
      Birding Association field trip in the Grand Bay Savannah. For those of
      you who have never had the experience of a sparrow tromp, it's a
      rollicking good time frolicking through soggy meadows, scaring up
      sparrows and then, if luck is with us, cornering them in a
      not-to-distant bush for close-up views. The last time we did this I
      added LeContes' and Henslow's Sparrows to my life list. Who knows what
      may pop up this time around? Florida has a Harris's Sparrow, why not
      us? If you would like to join us, meet us at the Hardee's on Hwy 188 in
      Bayou La Batre by 8:00 A.M. We will be tromping in wet areas so be
      prepared to get wet or wear waterproof boots. For more information go
      to the CBA website: http://coastalbirdingassoc.org/

      Good Birding!

      Chazz Hesselein
      Mobile, AL and