Re: Lodging Recommendations

  • jfnbca
    Message 1 of 57 , Mar 2, 2011
      I stayed at the Super8 in Hancock in November, I didn't have the bad experience below. The room was clean, no excessive parking lot noise, and no ants.

      There were quite a few trucks form CSX railroad in the lot, a lot of maintenence workers were apparently staying at the motel. This appears to be a big part of their business at that location.

      It's a few blocks from the trail (the WMRT - the blacktop one) and other than about 200 feet of highway which is hilly, easy to get to.

      I didn't have a problem and would stay there again this summer on another planned ride through the area.

      --- In coTowpath@yahoogroups.com, storksb <storksb@...> wrote:

      > Guess I'll take a pass on the Super 8 then.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:24 PM, budkathann <budkathann@...> wrote:
      >

      > > I would sleep on the ground or on the sidewalk OUTSIDE the Super8 in
      > > Hancock before I would ever stay there again! I had the misfortune of
      > > staying there on my thru-ride last summer and what a disaster. There is
      > > nothing "Super" about that place. If you like a dirty room, non-working
      > > shower, people hanging out and being loud in the parking lot until the wee
      > > hours of the morning, then that's your place. Oh, and don't leave any food
      > > laying out in your room because when you wake up in the morning it will be
      > > covered with thousands of ants!
      > > At least they did allow me to take my bike into my room, but of course my
      > > bike was cleaner then their filthy carpets...
      > >

      > > --- In coTowpath@yahoogroups.com, "Michael & Linda Marmer" <mlmarmer@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Sorry my error, as I was thinking if one had a car with the bikes.
      > > >
      > > > I did not realize you might be riding the whole time without a car.
      > > >
      > > > yes, that was silly of me.
      > > >
      > > > Actually there is a hotel that used to be a Sheraton right on US 40 by
      > > the interstate, in case anyone is planning a weekend trip as Hagerstown is
      > > very close to the canal, Williamsport, if you have a car with you.
      > > >
      > > > Mike

    • jfnbca
      Message 57 of 57 , Mar 2, 2011