Lodgings in Harper's Ferry

  • Biking Maven
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2009
      Can anyone make suggestions/recommendations for lodging in Harper’s Ferry? We had hoped to stay at The Hilltop (which we had prior to them being renovated.) Per their website, they won’t be open till 2011 – and our trip is in mid Jun 2010.

      We will have 20-30 adults in our group, staying one night, mid-week. Accommodations for bicycles is a must. Camping is out, and the hostel too probably.

      The below (from Hilltop’s website) offers suggested alternatives. We don’t have to stay in one place, although close proximity is preferred.

      Thanks ~ Judes

      --

      The Angler's Inn

      867 W. Washington Street

      Harpers Ferry, WV 25425

      304.535.1239

      www.theanglersinn.com

      Camp Hill BED & BREAKFAST

      701 Washington Street

      Harpers Ferry, WV 25425

      304.535.2657

      www.camp-hill.com

      Harpers Ferry Guest House

      800 Washington Street P.O. Box 1079

      Harpers Ferry, WV 25425

      304.535.2101

      www.harpersferryguesthouse.com

      The Jackson Rose B & B

      1167 W. Washington Street PO Box 641

      Harpers Ferry, WV 25425

      304.535.1528

      www.thejacksonrose.com

      LAUREL LODGE

      844 East Ridge Street PO Box 1011

      Harpers Ferry, WV 25425

      304.535.2886

      www.laurellodge.com

      The Ledge House

      280 Henry Clay Street

      Harpers Ferry, WV 25425

      304.582.2443

      www.theledgehouse.com

      The Town's Inn

      179 High Street, P.O. Box 1412

      Harpers Ferry, WV 25425

      877.489.2447

      www.TheTownsInn.com

      Subject: Emailing: Historic Hilltop House Hotel

      <http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/Index.htm> Historic Hilltop House Hotel & Restaurant
      400 East Ridge Street
      Harpers Ferry, West Virginia 25425
      703.771.6301

      <http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/AboutHilltop.htm> http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/images/AboutHH.gif <http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/Dining.htm> http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/images/dining.gif <http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/Accomodations.htm> http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/images/accomodations.gif <http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/Event%20Planning.htm> http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/images/event%20planning.gif <http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/Attractions.htm> http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/images/attractions.gif

      http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/moovee.gif

      <http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/pressroom.htm> http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/images/pressroom.gif

      <http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/gallery4.htm> http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/images/gallery.gif

      <mailto:lmiller@...?subject=Hilltop%20House%20Hotel> http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/images/contact.gif

      Get Updates
      Sign up for our Email Newsletter
      [GO]

      <http://www.constantcontact.com/safesubscribe.jsp> http://img.constantcontact.com/ui/images1/safe_subscribe_logo.gif

      For <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp> Email Marketing you can trust

      <http://harpersferryfoundation.org/> http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/images/preserve.gif

      New Brochure!
      <http://www.hilltophousehotel.com/images/hilltop_house_brochure%5b1%5d.pdf> New Hilltop House Hotel Brochure

      For over 100 years, the Historic Hilltop House Hotel has been a tourist favorite in Harpers Ferry. The hotel offers stunning views of the confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers. Recently purchased by SWaN Investors, the Hilltop House Hotel is currently closed to the public in order to undergo restoration to its public spaces and 75 guest rooms (refer to the press release for more information).

      The entire restoration project will be documented on our web site through pictures and video clips. The site will also include site plans as well as conceptual drawings to give you an inside look at the future of Hilltop House Hotel.

      The restored Hilltop House Hotel is projected to re-open as a First-Class Destination Hotel and Spa in 2011. Until then we invite you to consider the following local establishments.

      The Angler's Inn
      867 W. Washington Street
      Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
      304.535.1239
      <http://www.theanglersinn.com> www.theanglersinn.com

      CAMP HILL Bed & Breakfast
      701 Washington Street
      Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
      304.535.2657
      <http://www.camp-hill.com> www.camp-hill.com

      <http://www.harpersferryguesthouse.com> www.harpersferryguesthouse.com

      <http://www.thejacksonrose.com> www.thejacksonrose.com

      LAUREL LODGE
      844 East Ridge Street PO Box 1011
      Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
      304.535.2886
      <http://www.laurellodge.com> www.laurellodge.com

      The Ledge House
      280 Henry Clay Street
      Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
      304.582.2443
      <http://www.theledgehouse.com> www.theledgehouse.com

      The Town's Inn

      179 High Street, P.O. Box 1412

      Harpers Ferry, WV 25425

      877.489.2447

      <http://www.thetownsinn.com> www.TheTownsInn.com

      © SWaN Investors · 109 North King Street Suite B · Leesburg, Virginia 20176 · P: 703.771.6301 · F: 703.771.6302

    • Biking Maven

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 6, 2009
            I think you'll find most of the hotels in and around Harper's Ferry to be accepting of bikes on account of the large bike traffic thru the area. I can't remember the name of the hotel I stayed at last year, but I want to say it was the quality inn on 340 a mile or two west of HF. Brought my bike in and it was fine. Don't remember if it was nice or not though - I was beat!

            Good luck!
            Brian

            --- In coTowpath@yahoogroups.com, "Biking Maven" <bikingmaven@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > 1167 W. Washington Street PO Box 641
            > Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
            > 304.535.1528
            > <http://www.thejacksonrose.com> www.thejacksonrose.com
            >

            > LAUREL LODGE
            > 844 East Ridge Street PO Box 1011
            > Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
            > 304.535.2886
            > <http://www.laurellodge.com> www.laurellodge.com
            >
            > The Ledge House
            > 280 Henry Clay Street
            > Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
            > 304.582.2443
            > <http://www.theledgehouse.com> www.theledgehouse.com
            >

            > The Town's Inn
            >
            > 179 High Street, P.O. Box 1412
            >
            > Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
            >
            > 877.489.2447
            >
            > <http://www.thetownsinn.com> www.TheTownsInn.com
            >

            > © SWaN Investors · 109 North King Street Suite B · Leesburg, Virginia 20176 · P: 703.771.6301 · F: 703.771.6302

          • Judith
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 6, 2009
              Libby and I stayed a couple of days at the Comfort Inn off of 340 and Union Street just outside of HF. The room was nice, breakfast was enjoyable, and the staff was friendly. The only fly in the ointment was they did not allow us to bring ur bikes into the room with us. A quick call this evening confirmed their policy. We kept the bikes parked in the bike rack (well within sight of the motel's office/lobby area, but did not have a lock with us. No mishaps, but not something I'd like to repeat if at all possible.

              The Quality Inn a mile further up 340 allows bicycles in the room. The also said that they have a hose in the front of the motel to use if the bikes are muddy. I may give them a try next year if Libby joins me.

              Judy

              --- In coTowpath@yahoogroups.com, "xbrianskix" <ski-yahoogroups@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > > 1167 W. Washington Street PO Box 641
              > > Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
              > > 304.535.1528
              > > <http://www.thejacksonrose.com> www.thejacksonrose.com
              > >

              > > LAUREL LODGE
              > > 844 East Ridge Street PO Box 1011
              > > Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
              > > 304.535.2886
              > > <http://www.laurellodge.com> www.laurellodge.com
              > >
              > > The Ledge House
              > > 280 Henry Clay Street
              > > Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
              > > 304.582.2443
              > > <http://www.theledgehouse.com> www.theledgehouse.com
              > >

              > > The Town's Inn
              > >
              > > 179 High Street, P.O. Box 1412
              > >
              > > Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
              > >
              > > 877.489.2447
              > >
              > > <http://www.thetownsinn.com> www.TheTownsInn.com
              > >

              > > © SWaN Investors · 109 North King Street Suite B · Leesburg, Virginia 20176 · P: 703.771.6301 · F: 703.771.6302

            • Rachel Stewart
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 8, 2009
                The Comfort Inn on Union St just off Hwy 340 is nice - close in - not costly - breakfast room (v. tiny) complete with waffle-maker - - dunno how many bikes it could accommodate or whether they're allowed in rooms.

                Rachel Stewart
                e-mail: adrian5333@...

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 8, 2009
                  I stayed at the Comfort Inn in August, and they most certainly allowed me to bring my bike to my room. An employee even helped me carry it up to my (ugh) second floor room. They were very courteous and appreciative of my business. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Rooms are a little pricier than a low budget motel but worth it if you appreciate comfort, cleanliness and courteous staff.

                  --- In coTowpath@yahoogroups.com, "Judith" <starvingmusician@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > > > 1167 W. Washington Street PO Box 641
                  > > > Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
                  > > > 304.535.1528
                  > > > <http://www.thejacksonrose.com> www.thejacksonrose.com
                  > > >

                  > > > LAUREL LODGE
                  > > > 844 East Ridge Street PO Box 1011
                  > > > Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
                  > > > 304.535.2886
                  > > > <http://www.laurellodge.com> www.laurellodge.com
                  > > >
                  > > > The Ledge House
                  > > > 280 Henry Clay Street
                  > > > Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
                  > > > 304.582.2443
                  > > > <http://www.theledgehouse.com> www.theledgehouse.com
                  > > >

                  > > > The Town's Inn
                  > > >
                  > > > 179 High Street, P.O. Box 1412
                  > > >
                  > > > Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
                  > > >
                  > > > 877.489.2447
                  > > >
                  > > > <http://www.thetownsinn.com> www.TheTownsInn.com
                  > > >

                  > > > © SWaN Investors · 109 North King Street Suite B · Leesburg, Virginia 20176 · P: 703.771.6301 · F: 703.771.6302

                • John
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 9, 2009
                    A couple of weeks ago my wife hiked the AT in Maryland. She'd planned on spending the last night at the hostel about a mile down-river from Harper's Ferry. Someone she ran into on the trail recommended, Town's Inn, 179 High St. (877-489-2447) because it's in town. She was very pleased with it. It has rooms with bunk-style beds. I don't know about bicycles.
                    Note: I certainly recommend carrying a lock when biking on the Towpath. You never know if you might need to leave your bike.
                    -John Wheeler

                  • David L
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 9, 2009
                      If You are a member of the potomac Appalachian Club, than You could stay at Highacre House which is immediateley adjacent to Jefferson Rock. from the front porch You could see downriver to the Route 340 bridge.
                      PATC - Room Details

                      HIGHACRE
                      HIGHACRE

                      Available Rooms : 1