Re: [cnsbb] ncs averaging strategy -- help

  • Gerard DVD Kleywegt
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2002
      > So far, I have defined the NCS matrices in ncs.def. The coordinate file
      > (rigid.pdb) contains all four ncs units. Do I need to remove three of them
      > if I do strict ncs? If so, how do I get them back to do restrained or no
      > ncs in the later stages?

      (1) yes; you supply one protomer and the actual molecules are generated by cns
      itself through application of the ncs operators

      (2) later, you apply the operators to your single copy to get all four copies
      and then use those with (or without) restraints

      --gerard

      Gerard J. Kleywegt
      [Research Fellow of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences]
      Dept. of Cell & Molecular Biology University of Uppsala
      Biomedical Centre Box 596
      SE-751 24 Uppsala SWEDEN

      http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard/ mailto:gerard@...
      The opinions in this message are fictional. Any similarity
      to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.