RE: Error: symmetry operators do not form a group

  • Bhyravbhatla, Balaji
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2002
      HI,
      I have had a lot of these questions and honestly I am not sure what the bug
      in CNS installation is.
      Maybe Paul (or someone else) can take a looksee at this)
      My ONLY solution was to re-install FROM scratch the installation. When I
      tried to "make clean"
      or even remove all object files etc. by hand I got the same error.
      Therefore, in desperation I installed in a different location and that
      worked. I have so for encountered this
      problem three times and ALL the three times the "COMPLETE INSTALL IN A
      DIFFERENT DIRECTORY FROM
      THE TAR FILE" has worked. Now. that does not mean that there some other
      hidden problems that I have not
      noticed........

      Hope this helps Niraj ( and to all other folks).

      Balaji

      Balaji Bhyravbhatla, Ph.D.
      Research Asst. Prof. and Director
      X-ray Crystallography Core Facility