Re: [cnsbb] Install cns_solve_1.3_all_intel-mac linux.tar.gz

  • Ed Pozharski
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2013
      Are you new to Linux as well?

      Anyway, default shell in Ubuntu/Debian is bash, which has no setenv command.  The cns_solve_env file is for csh.  So, you have two options:

      1) install csh.  Keep in mind that a) csh is awful; b) often "csh scripts" are actually written for tcsh, which is csh extension.  In ubuntu, do "sudo apt-get install tcsh".  You would then have to set up a separate script that invokes tcsh and sources cns_solve_env.  Ugly but workable.

      2) Get the bash-formatted cns configuration script here

      https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxe0ET6Vsx-kMjc5OGQ5YTktMjJjNi00NjA4LWEyZGYtMDUxZDliZjA2YWJh/edit?usp=sharing

      It used to be supplied with CNS as .cns_solve_env_sh but then it was no longer there, no idea why.

      Cheers,

      Ed.

      On 05/01/2013 07:40 PM, gimlilegolas37 wrote:

      All I am a system administrator attempting to install this for one of my professors. I am attempting to install it on Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTS and am using the cns_solve_1.3_all_intel-mac Linux.tar.gz. I am new to Ubuntu and CNS. So, I am muddling through a bit here.

      I have created a cns folder at the root level (same level at the etc folder) and have made myself owner of the cns folder. I downloaded the
      cns_solve_1.3_all_intel-mac Linux.tar.gz file to the cns/installerdownload folder. I have extracted it to the cns/Extract folder.

      My understanding is this file does not need to be compiled.

      So I have updated the cns_solve_env file changing the syntax of the setenv command as follows:

      setenv CNS_SOLVE '/cns/Extract/cns_solve_1.3'

      I have opened terminal, navigated to the /cns/Extract folder and entered the following command:

      source cns_solve_env

      I am getting a error as follows:

      No command 'setenv' found, did you mean: Command 'netenv' from package 'netenv' (universe)

      I am not sure if I have the syntax for setenv command wrong in the cns_solve_env file or if there is something additional I need to install to enable the setenv command.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks in advance.

      --
      Oh, suddenly throwing a giraffe into a volcano to make water is crazy?
                                                      Julian, King of Lemurs