Error: increase value of MXFPEPS2 and recompile

  • Jamie
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2012
      Hello,

      I am trying to install CNS on my ubuntu operating system and I am getting the error:

      %SETFPEPS increase value of MXFPEPS2 and recompile
      %SETFPEPS error encountered: Could not determine machine epsilon
      (CNS is in mode: SET ABORT=NORMal END)
      WARNING: program encountered a fatal error.
      However, in interactive mode, program execution
      will continue. Proceed at your own risk.
      Program will stop immediately.
      Maximum dynamic memory allocation: 0 bytes
      Maximum dynamic memory overhead: 0 bytes
      Program started at: on
      Program stopped at: 11:28:47 on 12-Sep-2012
      CPU time used: 0.0040 seconds

      I have read through previous reports of this bug, and I am aware that this issue has not been properly resolved. I am close to a newbie. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

      Jamie
    • sunando
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2012
        Hi
        I have increased the
        value of MXFPEPS2 in the MACHARC.inc file to 4096. It is now running without any error.
        Best
        Sunando
        On 9/13/2012 12:40 AM, Jamie wrote:

        Hello,

        I am trying to install CNS on my ubuntu operating system and I am getting the error:

        %SETFPEPS increase value of MXFPEPS2 and recompile
        %SETFPEPS error encountered: Could not determine machine epsilon
        (CNS is in mode: SET ABORT=NORMal END)
        WARNING: program encountered a fatal error.
        However, in interactive mode, program execution
        will continue. Proceed at your own risk.
        Program will stop immediately.
        Maximum dynamic memory allocation: 0 bytes
        Maximum dynamic memory overhead: 0 bytes
        Program started at: on
        Program stopped at: 11:28:47 on 12-Sep-2012
        CPU time used: 0.0040 seconds

        I have read through previous reports of this bug, and I am aware that this issue has not been properly resolved. I am close to a newbie. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

        Jamie

        Sunando Datta

        Assistant Professor

        Department of Biological Sciences

        Indian Institute of Science Education and Research

        Govindpura

        Bhopal-462023

        India

        Contact  : +917552581146 (Office)