Re: [cnsbb] installation CNS 1.3

  • Felix Frolow
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 8, 2011
      Abandoning cns for a wile I would like to come back to version cns1.3.
      I am using Mac OS X Intel with 10.7.1
      All is fine until I type cns_web, then:

      2011-10-08 10:27:16.718 osascript[8638:303] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types:  dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found.  Did find:
      /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
      osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
      2011-10-08 10:27:16.749 osascript[8638:303] Error loading /Users/mbfrolow/Library/ScriptingAdditions/YouHelper.osax/Contents/MacOS/YouHelper:  dlopen(/Users/mbfrolow/Library/ScriptingAdditions/YouHelper.osax/Contents/MacOS/YouHelper, 262): no suitable image found.  Did find:
      /Users/mbfrolow/Library/ScriptingAdditions/YouHelper.osax/Contents/MacOS/YouHelper: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
      osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Users/mbfrolow/Library/ScriptingAdditions/YouHelper.osax" declares no loadable handlers.

      For information:
      echo $CNS_ARCH return mac-intel-darwin
      echo  $CNS_SOLVE return /usr/local/xtal/cns_solve_1.3
      uname -a return Darwin adsl-mbfrolow.local 11.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 11.1.0: Tue Jul 26 16:07:11 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1699.22.81~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

      I guess it is related to my lack of deep understanding of innovations in recent Apple OS X's
      I hope that this problem is already resolved
      Please advise

      Lesson to take home:  Never abandon a software for a long time :-(

      Dr Felix Frolow
      Professor of Structural Biology and Biotechnology
      Department of Molecular Microbiology
      and Biotechnology
      Tel Aviv University 69978, Israel

      Acta Crystallographica F, co-editor

      e-mail: mbfrolow@...
      Tel:  ++972-3640-8723
      Fax: ++972-3640-9407
      Cellular: 0547 459 608

      On May 13, 2011, at 24:24 , Ed Pozharski wrote:

      By which you mean that 'which cns' returns nothing? You probably have
      the issue with the architecture determination.

      After sourcing cns_solve_env, try this from command line

      echo $CNS_ARCH
      echo $CNS_SOLVE

      Also, please post the output of

      uname -a

      Ed.

      --
      Edwin Pozharski, PhD, Assistant Professor
      University of Maryland, Baltimore