installation question for cns1.3

  • Laurie Betts
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9 11:35 AM
      Under Linux - when trying to run cns_solve, got this error message:

      /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found

      Our particular Linux CentOS runs glibc 2.5 - is there an easy work-around without us having to install glibc2.7??

      Thanks

      Laurie Betts
      UNC Chapel Hill
    • Ben Eisenbraun
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9 12:15 PM
        Hi Laurie,

        > Under Linux - when trying to run cns_solve, got this error message:
        >
        > /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found
        >
        > Our particular Linux CentOS runs glibc 2.5 - is there an easy work-around
        > without us having to install glibc2.7??

        The workaround is to recompile CNS or to move to a newer operating system
        that contains a more modern glic (e.g. CentOS 6).

        Upgrading glibc is technically feasible, but it's generally not going to be
        worth the hassle, and it's a bit tricky to do without breaking the system.

        -ben

        --
        | SBGrid Consortium | http://sbgrid.org |
        | Harvard Medical School | http://hms.harvard.edu |