Only four weeks left to apply for RapiData 2011, our course on Data Collection and Structure Solving at the NSLS.

  • Robert Sweet
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2011
      We are offering RapiData 2011, the thirteenth offering of our popular course:

      Rapid Data Collection and Structure Solving at the NSLS: A Practical
      Course in Macromolecular X-Ray Diffraction Measurement

      The course will be held 3-8 April 2011. Students could be at any level from
      advanced undergraduate to full professor. The course should accommodate 48
      students total. All students are encouraged to bring their own specimens for
      data collection, and to bring old data for the data-reduction and
      structure-solving tutorials.

      Please read the Course Announcement at http://www.bnl.gov/RapiData/. You'll see
      that many experts in the field will be available for lectures and tutorials.
      You'll find the application materials on the Course Application tab at this
      site.

      For the ninth time we will hold a short lecture course on the fundamentals of
      crystallography for roughly five hours on Sunday 3 April. The body of the
      RapiData course really requires that students have a healthy knowledge of
      crystallography. For potential students who have some experience but are shaky
      about fundamentals, this course will help. There will be a small additional fee
      for the fundamentals course, to pay for Saturday night accomodations and food
      on Sunday morning and noon.

      Latin American Scientists: Several scholarships are available, from the
      International Union of Crystallography, to pay partial travel and subsistence
      costs for Latin-American students and junior faculty (under 40 yrs). Please
      apply for the course, and then contact R. Sweet (sweet@...) if you are
      interested in applying for a scholarship.

      In accordance with the standards of the International Union of Crystallography,
      we observe the basic policy of non-discrimination, affirming the right and
      freedom of scientists to associate in international scientific activity without
      regard to such factors as citizenship, religion, creed, political stance,
      ethnic origin, race, colour, language, age, or gender, in accordance with the
      Statutes of the International Council for Science. At this course no barriers
      will exist beyond the application procedure that would prevent the
      participation of bona fide scientists.

      Please apply or send your students to our course,

      Bob Sweet, Sal Sclafani, and Alex Soares

      Course Announcement at http://www.bnl.gov/RapiData/

      Robert M. Sweet E-Dress: sweet@...
      Group Leader, PXRR: Macromolecular ^ (that's L
      Crystallography Research Resource at NSLS not 1)
      http://px.nsls.bnl.gov/
      Biology Dept
      Brookhaven Nat'l Lab. Phones:
      Upton, NY 11973 631 344 3401 (Office)